Breaking News

It's my tree!





So we were up and about a lot earlier than other days, due to a call the man in the house would get from a nurse.
I'm not one of those people who are glued to the window and note every movement outside, but this time I heard a strange noise and looked up .
The neighbour was pruning my tree, without asking, and I saw too many bare parts to feel confident about letting him go on.
In fact, I know that tree very well and know it needs old branches to be happy again next spring.

My intention was to prune it next week into a round ball, and that idea was destroyed, without even asking me.

Under normal circumstances I try not to have contact with those two people. They act weird, have constant rows together with open windows and doors, so we know all the subjects those rows are about, and they always want something. Most of the time unfunded things as a tree cut down because of shadow that never reaches their garden, etc etc.

On the photo you see the result.

I went outside and said I could understand he wanted to cut the branches off, but that he was going too far. With a joke (yea, really? It sounded like a joke...) I told him that when the tree wouldn't be nice next spring I was expecting a new one.
Wished him success with his own tree, which is really like a hippy without hairdresser, and went inside.

So did they...
Haven't seen them the rest of the day.

Will ask my son to remove the part at the right and in the middle, so it only hangs over our garden, away from theirs.

But it's sad.

I used to share the gardens with the former neighbours. We had lots of fruit, apples, all sorts of berries, and veggies, like lettuce and spinach and even beans and peas.
The new neighbours killed it all.
But worse of all they destroyed my joy of gardening.

It's like they have a movement sensor directed at our door, because as soon as I enter the back garden they come outside too and watch what I am doing.
Never a kind word...






No comments