Breaking News

My shop: closed.



Natasha:


It took quite some effort and persistance to save money to realize my dream: my own shop.
When I opened the doors for the first time I felt so happy and proud, that I didn't sell the first sweater, but just gifted it.

I never expected it would be such a struggle to earn enough money to keep the shop opened.
But we did it!!

That the Corona virus would take over all of society none of our business circle could expect.
We followed the guideliness of the government and decided to make appointments for our clients. Only 3 in the shop at the sametime, to practice social distancing in an easy way.
People appreciated it very much, so we thought we could keep the shop open this way.

But less and less people wanted to come to the shopping centre.
And we had increased difficulty to find some food in the shops after closing time of ours.

It also became clear that infections couldn't always be traced down to holiday makers and patients, so we had a telephone meeting with the business circle and decided to close allour shops in the shopping center.

It was so sad toturn the key, not knowing when I would be back.
I think the government will invent all sorts of ways to support us. What they do now is not enough, but makes that I feel less guilty. No need to fire the shopassistant. So that's good.

I have decided to stay at home as much as possible.
I was never very bothered by my diabetes 1, but they say I'm high risk, so better safe than sorry.

But being alone at home made me feel a bit afraid. I'm alone and need groceries and medication.

The Pharmacy wanted to bring my medication, but I couldn't book for the service of the grocery shop.
I was watching TV and saw an item of students helping those with high risk.
It took a while before I called, but I'm happy I did.

Now one of the students brings me my groceries. She stays outside, but when this all is over we'll have a drink at the local pub. I'm happy, because we can talk on the phone too, so I don't feel so isolated.




This is a contribution to ''From behind the window''.
A series of experiences of people with the corona crisis.







No comments